Instant Pot series - Vegetable Kurma recipe - Cow peas kurma - Karamani kurma - Thatham paiyuru - Black eye beans

"My dream is to become a farmer. Just a Bohemian guy pulling up his own sweet potatoes for dinner." Lenny Kravit


Farming is my favorite thing to do. Before my kid born, I do kitchen gardening for our own veggies to cook. Its the best relaxation ever I feel. I should find some time to do gardening on my own. Planning to involve my kid also in my gardening activities. To get knowledge about farming I taken him to farm land where we can pick our own vegetables and fruits. I taught him how it was grown how to cultivate. He enjoyed to the core. 
We picked many beans so I started to make kurma with that at Instant Pot.


Ingredients

  • Black eye beans -1 cup
  • Potato-2 chopped
  • Onion - 2
  • Tomato - 1
  • Green chilli - 2
  • Oil-2 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Coriander leaves for Garnishing

To Grind Masala

  • Green chilli -3
  • Coconut- ½ cup
  • Poppy seeds (Kasa kasa)-2 tbsp
  • Redchilli powder-1 tbsp
  • Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
  • Garam Masala powder-1 tbsp
  • Fennel seeds -1 tsp
  • Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
  • Ginger - 1 inch
  • Garlic - 8 cloves

Method

  1. Grind all the ingredients under "To Grind Masala" and keep aside.
  2. Turn on Instant Pot. Hit SAUTE mode.
  3. Heat oil in pot. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
  4. Add onion and green chilli. Fry it.
  5. Add tomatoes and do stir fry.
  6. Add vegetables and fry.
  7. Add the grinded mixture in step 1. Mix well with adding salt.
  8. Add 1 to 2 cups of water as desired.
  9. Hit CANCEL on Instant Pot.
  10.  Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
  11. Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes
  12. Do a natural pressure release,  that is wait until silver button on lid drops. BE CAREFUL OF HOT STEAM.
  13.  Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with Paratha or Chappathi or Roti.
Grind all together

Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter

Add onions and fry

Add tomatoes

Add fresh beans

Add potatoes

Stir fry all the vegetables

Add the grinded paste

Mix everything and close the lid

Check all the veggies cooked

 
Ready to serve




5 comments:

  1. Appreciate that you taking kids to farm. Nowadays definitely all the parents should do this so kids would aware of farming culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought to take kid to farm. I should follow you.

    ReplyDelete