Dalgona Coffee Recipe

Coffee - A liquid hug for our brain

Dalgona Coffee served as whipped coffee cream on the top of milk. This coffee becomes viral in Korea after their quarantine time.


Out of curiosity, I browsed more about Dalgona coffee, as per wikipedia.

Dalgona coffee is a beverage made by whipping coffee until it becomes creamy and then adding it to The drink is based on an Indian drink known as Phenti Hui coffee (or beaten coffee), the only difference is that when making Phenti Hui, milk is poured on top of the whipped mix rather than spooning the whipped mix on top of the milk. Its viral status on social media came as a result of Jung Il-woo, a South Korean actor who visited an eatery in Macau where he was served a similar beverage reminding him of "dalgona", a type of Korean honeycomb toffee, and later presented on a South Korean TV show called Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant'.

Sounds interesting!

As many of you asked me about to make this viral coffee, I decided to make it and put the recipe. This whipped coffee cream you can use for cake decorations, use hot milk for making homemade cappuccino.



Ingredients

  • Instant Coffee - 2 tbsp
  • Sugar - 2 tbsp
  • Hot Water - 2 tbsp
  • Cold Milk - 1/2 glass
  • Ice Cubes - Optional

Method

  1. Take coffee, sugar, hot water in a bowl. Whip well with electric hand mixer.
  2. Whip till it gets fluffy, takes around 5 mins.
  3. Now take a serving glass. Fill with milk and ice cubes.
  4. Top with the whipped coffee. Ready to serve. 













Stay Safe. Stay Home.

15 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this recipe and it was sooo good! Super easy and yummy! Saving this for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, this is the famous Dalgona. This is so popular on social media nowadays. Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried this and its SOO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me 4 tries to finally get it right but now we love it! Great with some cocoa powder too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trending coffee nowadays.i will try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. that cream is whipped so thick i bet the spoon would stand up straight in it. Must try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I had no idea that coffee can get so fluffy! How cool is that?! 😍 I think it would be a great addition to a drink for a girls night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have made Dalgona coffee, and it is a lot of fun. My daughter likes making it as well since it is such an easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, not really a big fan of Dalgona but the hype is real! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This coffee looks absolutely delicious! I am going to make this for my husband and I.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried this a couple of time already, but still never perfected it. Thanks for sharing this. I will try again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my coffee but I think that is a little too thick for my taste. Milk, sugar and water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dalgona Coffee was on trend when the lockdown started but I never made it. Love the recipe though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Honestly, I've never had Dalgona, but sounds like I would like it! I need to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete