Homemade Butter Recipe

Milk many cows but make your own butter.   
Funny quote 😆  I read somewhere these quote, want to use this in my post, now its right time to use it 😀. Butter plays vital role in our daily life. This recipe requires only 20 minutes of your time and so much better than the store-bought.


Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.

Method

  1. Boil the milk (I use farm milk), wait until the milk temperature dropped to warm. 
  2. Add 1/2 tsp curd or yogurt to the milk. Close with lid.
  3. Keep aside for 6-8 hrs or overnight at room temperature.
  4. Now you can see milk becomes curd/yogurt.
  5. Place that yogurt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric or hand blender.
  6. Keep whisking until the butter starts to come together, the time takes around 15 - 20 mins. For me, it taken 20 mins.
  7. Butter floats at the top as fluffy bits.
  8. Use filter to separate the butter and buttermilk. 
  9. Allow cool water to flow through the filter for 1 min. (We washing our butter here)
  10. Store your fresh butter in refrigerator for future use.
Whisk for 20 mins

Filter butter from yogurt

Ready to store and use.

3 comments: