Instant Pot Series - Junnu - Milk pudding - Milk dessert recipe

Junnu is southern part of India sweet made from cow's lactating milk. This milk is thick, yellowish and smells for the first few days. We collect this milk after a cow gives birth to a calf and add regular milk to prepare this dessert. My uncle (mom's brother) has a dairy farm and he used to bring a lot of junnu paalu for every 2 months once. This is one of my pregnancy cravings sweet😋. But here we don't have possibilities for junnu milk. One of my friends suggest me this recipe and she prepared for me once, wow its tastes as like junnu milk. I was happy like anything. From that day onwards to till now its my kids favourite too. This time i found one more shortcut method using my Instant Pot. Now IP also useful to make desserts too, sounds great right 😍


Ingredients

Condensed milk - 400 gm (1 tin)
Whole milk - 2 cups
Eggs - 2
Cardamom - 1 tsp crushed
Black Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp

Method

  1. Mix all the ingredients except black pepper powder. Make sure the eggs are beaten well before they are mixed with milk.
  2. Transfer this mixture into a stainless steel bowl which will fit in Instant pot. Sprinkle the black pepper powder on the top of this mixture.
  3. Pour enough water in a pot and put the stainless steel bowl and bake it.
  4. Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
  5. Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 30 minutes
  6. Do a natural pressure release,  that is wait until silver button on lid drops. BE CAREFUL OF HOT STEAM.
  7. Leave it for about 10 minutes. Let it cool.
  8. Once it gets cool, then refrigerate for 4 to 6 hrs. Ready to serve.
Add condensed milk

Add in a bowl

Add 2 cups of milk

Add crushed cardomom

Add eggs and Mix with hand blender for 2 mins

Add pepper powder

Close with foil


Add water in instant pot and place the bowl.

Once cooked, check with tooth pick 
Ready to serve

5 comments:


  1. I was so excited to finally be able to purchase my instant pot for my birthday but was disappointed when it came. The first thing I noticed when I opened the lid was that it smelled like it had been used and the inner pot had water spotsinstant pot ribs

    ReplyDelete