Butternut Squash Indian style Recipe

Sharing is caring. 
 Today I share the Butter Squash Indian style which is easy peasy recipe. In meal planner I always love to include this on dinner or lunch time. I like that the ingredients are easy to find in the local grocery store and it’s a healthy and quick weeknight option.



This is my life savour recipe which i found my own shortcut. Today i decided to make this for lunch box because its lazy monday and also last working day on 2019. Hope you like my recipe. Total Cooking time 15 - 20 mins. It tastes good with Rice / Roti. Today I made Kodi millet.


Ingredients

Butter Squash - 1 medium size (cut into cubes)
Coconut oil - as required
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Lemon - half slice (1 tbsp juice)
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Paprika - 1 tsp
Fresh Coriander - 4 strings
Salt as per taste

Method

  1. Clean and cut Butter Squash into same size cubes. Put in the hot water until it gets soft. DON'T COOK IN BOILING WATER JUST ADD IN HOT WATER. Keep aside.
  2. Take a bowl, add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, paprika, coriander leaves and salt. Mix it by adding little water.
  3. Heat 2 to 3 tbsp coconut oil and add the cumin seeds.
  4.  Once it splutters, add the masala mix. Cook in medium flame for 4 mins until the raw smell goes away.
  5. Now add the soft squash cubes.
  6. Stir fry with masala and cook for 8 - 10 mins in simmer mode.
  7. Taste check and Ready to serve.

Cut Butternut squash and add in hot water

Take bowl mix all spices together with water

Mix well

Heat oil

Wait until cumin seeds splutter



Add masala paste and cook


Allow it to boil

Add squash into cooked masala

Allow to cook for 8 mins







18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. It sounds delightful and so simple. I can't wait to make it - I can almost smell it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Dibba :) Hope it turned out well for you :)

      Delete
  2. Tasty, easy, quick recipes are my favorite. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for recipes on different ways to do butternut squash as I'm not too familiar with it. This looks yummy and easy enough - I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butternut squash and Indian spices are like a match made in heaven. This recipe looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic! If you cooked the butternut down a little bit more I bet it would make a great soup as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks interesting, definitely want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried butternut squash cooked this way. I like Indian flavours so I would love to give it a go, next time I buy the squash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can literally smell the deliciousness through the screen. Looks dreamy, I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This looks pretty tasty! Will definitely give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing! I can't wait to try this recipe! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so tasty! This is perfect as i am eating a plant based diet

    ReplyDelete