Instant Pot Series - Restaurant Style Veg Kurma - Mix Vegetables korma

Vegetable Kurma is as simple and quick recipe which tastes really delicious. I have added kalpasi in this recipe which add the best tempting flavor. This was one of long waiting list to upload this kurma recipe using Instant pot. If you looking for more creamy texture add cashews along with coconut.


Ingredients

  • Black eye beans - 1 cup soaked for 6 hrs
  • Potato-2 chopped
  • Carrot - 3
  • Onion -2
  • Tomato - 1
  • Green chili - 2
  • Crushed Garlic -  1 tbsp
  • Crushed Ginger -  1 tbsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1tsp
  • Chili powder - 1 tbsp 
  • Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
  • Garam masala - 1/2 tbsp
  • Bay leaf - 1
  • Cinnamon stick - 1
  • Fennel seeds -1/2 tsp
  • Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Cloves - 2
  • Black Stone flower (Kalpasi) - 1 piece
  • Oil-2 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Coriander leaves for Garnishing

To Grind Masala
  • Coconut- 1/2 cup
  • Poppy seeds (Kasa kasa)-2 tbsp
  • Fennel seeds -1 tsp
  • Cumin seeds - 1 tsp

Method

  1. Grind all the ingredients under "To Grind Masala" and keep aside.
  2. Turn on Instant Pot. Hit SAUTE mode.
  3. Heat oil in pot. Add Bay leaf, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, black stone flower, cloves and let it splutter.
  4. Add onion and green chili. Fry it.
  5. Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic and do stir fry.
  6. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and coriander powder. Fry for 1 min.
  7. Add vegetables and saute it. Add 1 cup of water.
  8. Add the grinded mixture in step 1. Mix well with adding salt.
  9. Add 1 to 2 cups of water as desired.
  10. Hit CANCEL on Instant Pot.
  11. Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
  12. Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes
  13. Do a natural pressure release,  that is wait until silver button on lid drops. BE CAREFUL OF HOT STEAM.
  14. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with Paratha or Chappathi or Roti.

Take all ingredients for seasoning
Temper in hot oil

Add onions
Add chili and tomato
Add turmeric, coriander and chili powder
Saute for 1 min
Add soaked peas, potatoes, carrots
Add 1 cup water
Add grinded mixture
Add 1 more cup of water



20 comments:

  1. I would love to try this recipe. I don't have a instant pot yet but this looks like a comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the list of ingredients, I can almost smell this kurma dish. This is a good recipe for my life right now and I believe we have an instant pot buried somewhere in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious. I love all those veggies and the aromatic spices used here. I can almost taste it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can smell this post. Danm it must be so good with all that seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Geetha, thank you for the recipe! :) We just ordered out Instant Pot this morning and I'm very excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dish looks so tasty and something I would especially like to try making in winter. Love how you have laid out this post, showing all of the steps very simply, making it easy to follow. I am looking forward to giving this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks very healthy. I havent tried kurma dish before, but I don't mind if this is how delicious it looks like. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, i bet this tastes amazing and full of flavour! there are so many delicious ingredients in here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a delicious looking Kurma. I've always been a fan of one. I will definitely try this out during this quarantine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds delicious. We use our Instant Pot almost every day. We love it that much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious. You mention 'soaked peas' but I don't see that in the recipe. How long do you soak the peas for? And is it in tap water or something else? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks very delicious and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried Vegetable Kurma. It looks tasty although very tedious to do. Hope to cook it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having a vegetable curry tomorrow and will give this a go

    ReplyDelete
  15. ummm yes please! i need to try this. i love my IP and my fam would love this. looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried this recipe today and it was soooo good! Full of flavor and easy to make. Can't wait to make this again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was looking for some different vegetarian recipe and was mostly getting regular recipes or non veg recipes until now. Finally I can try something different tomorrow and change the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This recipe for Veg Kurma looks so tasty. I will be making this for my family in the up coming weeks. What side do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for this recipe! We will try this tonight with my Dada (he's the cook!).

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think make this dish in a pressure cooker. Enticing recipe and easy to make. With the lockdown and with a lot of time to spare this would be my dinner for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete