KOLLU SUNDAL RECIPE - HORSEGRAM SUNDAL RECIPE

Horse gram is the most protein-rich high-powered lentil. Kollu sundal is best fat burner, you can add this on your diet weekly once like kollu rasam, kollu kulambhu, kollu sundal. Out of this kollu sundal contains less oil and tasty. This goes well with puttu or tea time snacks. For kids this is healthy snacks. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.



Ingredients

  • Kollu / Horsegram - 1 cup
  • Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
  • Chili powder - 1 tsp
  • Onion - 1
  • Green chili - 2 
  • Mustard seeds - 1 tsp 
  • Salt as required
  • Curry leaves - 1 string
  • Corriander leaves - for garnish
  • Coconut oil - 1 tbsp

Method

  1. Soak kollu overnight or 8 hours. Pressure cook with water till immersing level of kollu for 3 whistles in medium flame. Drained water can use it for rasam.
  2. Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
  3. Once it splutters, add onions, green chili and saute it for 2 mins.
  4. Add cooked kollu toss it well.
  5. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, salt. Toss well for 1 min.
  6. Add curry leaves and coriander leaves, closed the lid and switch off the flame. 
 
Pressure cooked kollu

Heat coconut oil

Saute onion and chili

Add cooked kollu

Add turmeric powder and chili powder

Add curry leaves

23 comments:

  1. this dish looks so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is a unique recipe full of ingredients I have NEVER heard of before! Thank you for expanding my horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read that horse gram has some good nutrients in it as well although it does have an acquired taste. What do you think about the flavor of horse gram for those who haven't tried it before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horse gram is just have lentils taste. If you like lentils, you like this too.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this before! It does look delicious though. Maybe one day I'll get to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks really delicious. the kollu looks beautiful as do the sauteed onions. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't very familiar with kollu. This sounds like a delicious and nutritious recipe; I'll have to see if I can find the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kuntala Bhattacharya16 April 2020 at 13:58

    Is the dish a delicacy of South India. I heard it new though I am aware of horsegram. Looks cool, simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is one of the lentils from south india.

      Delete
  8. I like learning new recipes from different cultures and this Kollu Sundal recipe looks really good. I hope I can find all the ingredients I need to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks so good. my family would love this. i def have to check this out and try and make it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love foods with looooooooots of onions! This is heaven for me. :) Thank you so much for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds quite an interesting dish and I wonderful what it taste like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the ingredients, now that its lockdown I will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. interesting recipe although i have never heard of kollu before and would have a clue where to buy it

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so delicious. I am a big fan of Sundal of any sorts :). Must try this out sometime. Is that a terracotta vessel you are using? Does stuff taste better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used red soil clay pot here and it tastes good when you cook using this.

      Delete
  15. This looks like a very interesting recipe. I can try making it during the lockdown phase. Thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! This looks delicious! I have been enjoying cooking while in quarantine.Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so good!!! I love trying new recipes, and I will have to make this for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so lush, might just have to give this a go

    ReplyDelete