MANATHAKALI VATHAL KULAMBHU RECIPE

Vatha Kuzhambu - All time favourite for lunch time. Typical tamil recipe which lasts upto 3 to 4 days without refrigerate. Homemade masala added the best taste and gives fresh aroma along with tamarind sauce it comes out the awesome flavour. This manathakali have medicinal use that's you don't get mouth ulcers. If you have also it will cure. Hope you will like it, do try and let me know.




Ingredients

  • Onion – 1
  • Garlic – 6 pods
  • Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
  • fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
  • ManathakkaliVathal / Black Night Shade – 2 tbsp 
  • Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
  • Tamarind paste - 4 tbsp (or lemon sized tamarind)
  • Masala podi powder - 3 tbsp
  • Gingely Oil - 3 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Jaggery–  1 tsp
  • Curry Leaves - 1 string

Method

  1. Take a bowl - Add tamarind paste, turmeric powder, masala podi and salt. Mix it as a paste and keep aside.
  2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in  pan. Add cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds, once splutters add onion and saute it.
  3. Add garlic, curry leaves and saute for 5 mins.
  4. Add the paste we made on step 1. Add 2 cups of water and allow it to boil.
  5. Taste check here and adjust salt or spicy as your needs.
  6. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in small pan and deep fry the vathal.
  7. Add fried vathal in that boiling kulambhu and allow it to cook on medium flame for another 10 mins until the oil seperates and form a layer.
  8. Serve with hot rice and pappad / fryums.
Add tamarind paste, turmeric powder, masala podi and salt.
Mix it to a paste
Add cumin seeds fenugreek seeds
Add onions garlic curry leaves
Add masala paste
Add water


Deep fry the vathal
Allow it to boil

Allow it to cook for 10 mins
Garnish with coriander and serve



14 comments:

  1. I would love to exist with some white rice it looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks sooo good. I've never had something like this before. I love the flavors used in it, though, and the color of it is so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicous! I love anything with curry. I'll see if I can find the ingredients online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this recipe. Now I know what to make for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks really tempting. I will definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so tempting since I have not had any Indian since before the Coronavirus lockdowns. Sadly i don't have 1/2 the spices you mention so I'll have to wait until my doctor says I can leave the house again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally sure you can smell all your blog post. I mean those recipes look so good and full of flavor. I really like indian cusine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recipe looks delicious. I usually like tangy touch of tamarind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a perfect comfort food recipe! Have to add it to our menu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks very delicious and authentic. I haven't used some of these ingredients before but that just makes the recipe more interesting. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the masala, this is such a mouthwatering dish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The recipe looks delicious. I will try this recipe during lockdown for sure

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok! this looks so yummy. ive never tried this before. I will have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so delish. I would love a bowl of this I love Indian food.

    ReplyDelete