CRISPY NETHILI MEEN FRY - ANCHOVY FRY RECIPE

Nethili fry is addictive and tastes so yummylicious and very easy to cook. Once you prepare it, you start to keep on doing it. Many people asked me about the raw smell from well cooked nethili. I always suggest to add lemon juice and while marinate it put lemon skin also in that bowl, it removes fish odor.



Crunchy and spicy anchovies fry which is so delicious on its own as a appetizer or as a side dish with your lunch. Hope you will try this and let me know how it turns out for you.


Ingredients

  • Anchovies / Nethili Meen - 500 gms
  • Curd - ½ cup
  • Lemon - 1
  • Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 2 tbsp
  • Rice Flour - ¼ cup
  • Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
  • Egg - 1
  • Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
  • Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil for frying

Instructions

  1. Mix all ingredients except oil and leave to marinate for 1 to 2 hours (depends on time available for you).
  2. Heat oil for frying and fry this till crispy.
  3. Serve hot.

Clean the fish

Add all spices

Mix it

Add egg, rice flour, salt

Marinate it


16 comments:

  1. This looks like a great appetizer or snack love it would love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WOULD BE ALL OVER this recipe! I friggin' LOVEEEEE anchovies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... fried anchovies?! I've never tried that before. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like seafood (and I'm a Maritimer! So that opinion is pretty wrong around here haha). But my mother does. She'll love this recipe! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to send it her way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious. I love anchovies! I grew up eating a similar, but simpler dish, of fried smelt fish. It's good on hot rice with some soy sauce. I like how this looks spicier and has a variety of flavors that go into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anchooovies! I miss them! I will buy the ingredients this weekend so I could make this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious. I would add more spice. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet this is delicious. Between the crunch, seasoning, and saltiness of the fish, I don't see how this could miss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nethili fry sounds like a good viand this weekend. I hope to replicate your recipe and cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. can you believe it - i have never had anchovies before. these actually look quite delicious. thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you now i wasn't so sure about this when i read the title. after reading it, i may be to test it out. im always open to trying new thing and it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am allergic to seafood so I can't use this one. But my husband who loves seafood might appeciate this. I will show it to him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mouth was watering at the images alone, I need need need to give this a go

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not a fan of anchovies but this look so different and good that I must give a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who would like anchovies could be the star of the show! Thanks a lot for your recipe and I will try that at home some time in the future! - Knycx Journeying

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now this is deffo one for the other half, so I will send this right over his way now x

    ReplyDelete