Peerkangai Thogayal - Ridge Gourd Thogayal - Chutney with Coconut

Its March!!! Hope many of you know about the Day light saving, the first week after the timings change, its bit tough to handle specially you have school going toddlers.
How to cope with daylight savings time?
  • Early to bed
  • Morning walk as regular routine
  • Enjoy the longer evenings
  • Dont be a potato Couch 
  • Reduce screen time
These are the best I'm following. The first week is our challenge, the next week we'll be fine. So coming back to our recipe, as a lazy mom I wake up at 6.30 am and check my refrigerator, thank god I found my favorite vegetable Ridge Gourd (Peerkangai). I got an idea instead of cooking 2 different vegetables, why don't cook on 2 dishes using single vegetable 💡😀. So here is the output you can see in my post. I cleaned and removed the skin and make chutney and inside part I make kootu. Sound awesome na, I feel proud myself today 😎



In Today's post, you can see Ridge Gourd Thogayal recipe, I'll upload in one or two days the kootu recipe, because my calendar is already full today and tomorrow. But I want to share this idea so that immediate uploading one recipe.




Ingredients

  • Ridge gourd / peerkangai - 1
  • Channa dal - 2 tbsp
  • Dry Red chilies - 4
  • Garlic  - 4 pods
  • Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
  • Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp  
  • Sesame Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Salt as taste

Instructions

  1. Peel or cut the skin part of the Peerkangai after cleaned vegetable. Keep aside.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and add in the chana dal. Fry till golden color. 
  3. Add peerkangai skin and saute for 5 minutes, you can see it turns soft.
  4. Add garlic, coconut, red chili. Saute for a minute.
  5. Grind the mixture with salt and tamarind paste to slightly coarse paste. DO NOT add water, if required add drop by drop.
  6. Serve with rice and ghee or Idly dosas.

Heat oil in a pan and add in the chana dal. Fry till golden color.

Add peerkangai skin and saute for 5 minutes

Add garlic, coconut, red chili

Grind and serve


0 comments:

Post a Comment