What i first cook in Instant Pot Duo60 6 qt 7 in 1???

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
Virginia Woolf

Instant Pot - One of the bucket lists for me. Always when it comes for IP shopping at kitchen area, i have double minded about to buy or not. Many items i went to kitchen appliances shop and think about so many things to buy IP
  • Is this really safe to use for my family? 
  • Can i cook and feed for my 4 yr old?
  • Is it really worth for 100+ bucks
Like this i have tooooooo many questions on my mind. I enquired about this from my cooking friends, always i get similar answer that is delay start option is there, it'll be helpful. But i prefer to cook fresh and give to my family. After so many research i quit to buy this before 3 years, that time my baby is just an year old so don't want to take risks.

From my personal opinion, I really wasted the time. I wish I was bought this long back. Really guys, believe me. Now my kid started his swimming and Karate class, its at evening time. After his snacks, I take him to his classes and come back to home at dinner time. Already kid was very tired, if i prepare dinner he slept before i complete cooking. I know what is the next question here, If I prepared earlier and went to class, the food is cold, even i reheat it dont taste that freshness and end up with not satisfied dinner or eat outside. I never prefer my kid eat outside after his classes because his energy burnt, he need fresh and healthy food to gain his energy and for sound sleep.

I got thought to buy this, and did it. Believe me friends, it is really worth specially for moms. Now I prepare in late afternoon and give delay start, its really fresh for my dinner. My first dish I tried Chettinad Chicken Curry. Also this IP is an easy-peasy to use for first time.

 

 

 

Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe 

Ingredients

  • Chicken - 1 kg
  • Onions - 3 
  • Coconut oil - 2 Tsp
  • Tomatoes - 1
  • Red Chili powder - 1 Tsp
  • Turmeric -1/2 Tsp
  • Cumin Seeds  - 1/2 Tsp
  • Ginger Garlic paste - 2 Tbsp
  • Chettinad masala powder - 3 Tbsp

Method

  1.  Clean chicken thoroughly and put in a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli powder, chettinad masala powder and salt to the bowl. Marinate for 20 mins and keep aside.
  2. Turn on Saute mode and wait for 1 min to heat up the base. Add 2 tbsp of Oil. Then add cumin seeds. Once the cumin starts to splutter, add onions. 
  3. Then add the marinated chicken. Give it a good stir. 
  4. Cover liner with a lid and adjust the IP ‘saute’ to low temperature.
  5.  Add at least half a cup of water and close the lid. Hit ‘PressureCook’ mode and set timer to 2 mins and make sure whistle is in sealing mode. 
  6.  Do a quick release and open the lid. 
  7. Turn on Saute mode and adjust to low temperature around 5 minutes. Add chopped cilantro and hit cancel.
Whole Cornish Hen

Add all the ingredients with chicken

Marinate for 30 mins

Hit Saute and wait for 1 min

Add Oil

Saute Onion


Add the marinated chicken in IP

Select Pressure Cook and adjust time for 2 mins

Once the pressure released, open and simmer for 5 mins

Chicken Curry is ready to serve


Idly - Chicken curry always unbeatable combo.

1 comment:

  1. Aswathy Gopalakrishnan13 March 2020 at 15:34

    The dosa-chicken curry combo beats this one for me :D

    ReplyDelete