How do you make funnel cake at home?

Funnel Cake always a favorite for anyone at American carnivals. Always at summer carnivals my son went for 2 rides then he wants to get snacks, he named the funnel cake as carnival cake. So every time he asks about carnival cake, I respond will get on summer times.
Now using this recipe, funnel cakes can easily be prepared at home any time of year. The batter is simple and the frying time is quicker than pancakes. Funnel cakes are really fun to make and kids are excited to eat this. Throughout the year we can surprise the kids at anytime. To make the batter my son helped me. Hope you guys don't mind my son hands in process photos.

Ingredients

  • Eggs - 2
  • Milk - 1 cup
  • All purpose flour - 2 cups
  • Baking powder - 1 tsp
  • Salt - 1/2 tsp
  • Oil for frying
  • Powdered sugar for dusting

Method

  1. Take a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
  2. In another large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
  3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Whisk it thoroughly.
  4. Heat oil in a pan.
  5. Over the hot oil to make a pattern, start from outer edge and ends to the center of the pan. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown. 
  6. Flip over and fry for 2 mins on the other side.
  7. Serve the funnel cakes immediately with the powdered sugar.
Take milk in a bowl

Add eggs

Whisk it

Add all dry ingredients


Whisk thoroughly.

Use cake decor tool to make pattern.

Fry for 2 - 3 mins.

Flip and deep fry the other side.

Ready to serve.







 

10 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Also, I love the owl cutting board. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thank you. Owl board is my kid favourite too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! This will be a MUCH-LOVED treat in my house. YUMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh! I can't wait to try this! I've never tried making a funnel cake before. These instructions should be a great start! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your son helped with this! My kids help too whenever we are baking goodies! Also fabulous recipe! Will try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to have to try this. We love funnel cakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope it'll turn out great for you

      Delete