Tindora Dondakaya Ulli Karam Curry - Kovaikai Curry Recipe





Dondakaya ulli karam curry recipe is spicy and yummy andhra recipe made majorly of onions and red hot chillies. It goes well with hot rotis as well as rice. This is quick and easy recipe with simple ingredients available at home. You can refrigerate and use up to 7 to 10 days. I prefer this for vacation trips, usually I prefer dinners to make myself even at trips. Yes that is mom life. All mothers can understand this situation.


 

Ingredients 

  • Tindora - 500Grams 
  • Onion - 2 
  • Oil -  4 tbsp
  • Garlic - 5 pods
  • Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
  • Red Chilies -12
  • Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
  • Salt as taste

 Method

  1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. 
  2. Add onions, salt and saute it for 2 mins.
  3. Add garlic, cumin seeds, red chilies and cook it till they turn soft.
  4. Add coriander seeds and grind it to a coarse paste.
  5. In the same pan take 3 tbsp oil and add tindora pieces, salt and cook for a while with lid on it on a slow flame.
  6. Once its half cooked  add the blended paste and saute it for 2 mins.
  7. Cook it again for 8 minutes on low flame with lid on it.

Saute onions and cumin seeds


Add garlic,  red chili

 
Add all in blender and coriander seeds

Grind to a coarse paste


Saute tindora with salt


Add grinded paste
Saute for 5 minutes


17 comments:

  1. These recipes look amazing. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spicy food. I'm going try it out when I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a new Indian recipe for me, being from India. I had Hyderabadi Biriyani from Andhra, but Tindora is a new one for me. Looks yummy and ofcourse I am biased to Indian foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good. I love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lost me at spicy. Do you have an alternative for a mild (no heat) recipe? Also, FYI, some of your photo links are broken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds really nice. My partner and I both like curry, but the first time I try to make this, I might reduce the number of chillies just in case it proves to be too hot. I can always increase the number in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very goood! I love the abundance of onions, and most especially, I love curry! feels like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristine Nicole Alessandra27 April 2020 at 02:55

    This sure looks like a must try recipe for me. I may need to adjust the spiciness because my eldest son may not like it fiery hot. I am glad that you can store it for up to 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks really interesting. i love trying new things. i will def have to take a look at trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious, but I would probably be a little nervous to try it. My tummy can't handle spicy food too well :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great but how spicy is it? Will it work if someone wants to moderate the heat with fewer chillies? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks super easy to make! Great recipe to share and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tindora Dondakaya Ulli Karam Curry sounds so interesting. I hope to try to make this dish. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The recipe looks very tasty. I will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This recipe was soooo good! Cant wait to cook this again for my family! Saving this pin for sure!

    ReplyDelete