Instant Pot Series - Ulundu Kanji with coconut Recipe - Urad dal Rice Porridge with Coconut

Hello friends! Hope you all doing good in this quarantine days. Today is my 20th day of quarantine. We'll fight together and overcome this situation soon. Stay safe. I have decided to cook healthy dishes at least one time per day because my family together at home. Today I decided to post what I cook for lunch. I cook Ulundhu kanji with white urad dal, but I usually made with black lentils. At this situation I can't do shopping.



Black gram contains high levels of protein, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron and vitamin B. It is especially good for women’s health. On puberty time elders make kali, kanji with urad dal to strengthen the uterus and helps to minimize the back pain.

Ingredients

  • Rice -1 cup
  • Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
  • Garlic crushed  – 1 tbsp
  • Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
  • Water – 4 cups
  • Ginger – 1 inch crushed
  • Coconut grated - 1 cup
  • Milk – 1 cup
  • Salt to taste

Method

  1. Wash rice and dal well. Add the rice and dal mix in it.
  2. Add garlic, ginger, fenugreek seeds and coconut in instant pot. Add water and mix it.
  3. Close the lid. Hit PRESSURE COOKER and set time for 10 mins.
  4. Allow the pressure releases naturally and open the lid.
  5. Add salt and milk and mix well.
  6. Serve kanji with green gram dal or thogayal.
Add washed Rice and urad dal

Add garlic
Add ginger, fenugreek seeds, coconut
Add water

After pressure release naturally, open the lid

Add salt and milk

0 comments:

Post a Comment